Whether you’re considering a huge remodeling project or a small, quick upgrade, making changes to improve your house décor can be exciting—and can be a surefire way to enhance the value and enjoyment you get out of your home.
While renovating your home might seem expensive and time-consuming, the truth is that it doesn’t have to be. Bathroom remodeling, in particular, is one of the best ways to upgrade your home on a budget. In fact, improving your bathroom can be an extremely effective way to increase your home value and enhance the look and feel out of the rest of your home as well.
At Matrix Bath Systems, we’re professionals dedicated to helping our customers in Grand Rapids enjoy better, more beautiful bathrooms without spending a fortune. There are so many ways to improve old and deteriorating bathrooms on a budget, and this article will reveal some of our Grand Rapids bathroom remodelers’ top five budget-friendly design ideas that you can adapt into your upcoming home renovation.
Perhaps the biggest concern when trying to design on a budget is to figure out how to keep the price down. without compromising on what you want. Here are some of our favorite tips for remodeling on a budget that can keep you from having to sacrifice style for the sake of a lower cost.
1. Make Your Tile Pop: Tile is one of the most popular design options for the bathroom. However, it can also become expensive to install. If you’re dead set on tile but don’t have the budget to cover your entire bathroom area with the material, consider highlighting areas with a few tile pieces instead.
For example, choose one wall to cover in tile instead of all of them, or select a stripe across the perimeter of the room. If you’re replacing a tile-covered bathroom, you might be surprised at how this choice can lighten and modernize your entire bathroom space at a fraction of the cost.
2. Explore Paint Options: There’s nothing like a fresh, professional paint job to rejuvenate a home, and the bathroom areas are no exception. Have an interior designer help you choose the best color schemes for your space, to consider what shades and tones will work the best with the area to add value and beauty to your bathroom walls.
3. Focus on the Fixtures: Upgrading small accessories and items like light fixtures, sink faucets, and shower door handles can make a dramatic difference to the look of the entire space. With very little time and money invested, switching out your old fixtures for new, modern, and stylish ones can add plenty of aesthetic value to your bathroom without the stress or hassle of a renovation.
4. Replace Your Flooring: If your bathroom floors are looking old, worn-out, and damaged, replacing them can breathe new life into your bathroom design. Stone, tile, and other options are widely available for customers hoping to make a change and come in a wide variety of designs, patterns, and styles to choose from.
5. Shower and Bath Wall Surrounds: Paint can peel. Tile can crack and chip, and is extremely difficult to clean. For those interested in a way to upgrade their bathroom walls with a material that’s affordable, low-maintenance, and virtually damage-proof, acrylic bath wall surrounds are your best solution.
Designed to fit perfectly within your existing space, a new bath wall installation consists of a solid acrylic piece that is placed perfectly over your existing shower or bathtub wall area. Shower and bath surround products come in a multitude of beautiful patterns, styles, colors, and accents to choose from, and can even mimic the look of tile, stone, or whatever materials you choose.